Friday, September 13, 2024

Heart-Flipping Moment

 

I had a brief moment with Kindergarten today

When my heart flipped.

I was doing some hand-eye coordination activities with sticks

When one of my students,

Whose name I often say

Because he needs a lot of redirecting,

Became fully engaged.

 

I looked down and he was standing right under me.

He had chosen two sticks to match my sticks

And he was following my motions exactly.

In one heart-flipping moment,

We locked eyes,

His little dimple pronounced in concentration,

Smiled,

And nodded at each other in solidarity,

As if all in the world was right,

Because in that moment everything was.

 

In a world where it seems that more goes wrong than right,

May we hold to the heart flipping moments

When all is at peace and

All is well and

Even the most untamed of the

Kindergarten space cadet cats

Is focused

And trying

And succeeding.

 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment