Monday, September 2, 2024

Fidgeter

 

I’m a fidgeter.

But not with fidget toys.

I mostly fidget with my rings and earrings.

Without thinking about it,

I reach up and twist my earrings numerous times per day.

And without thinking,

I take my rings on and off,

Or I spin them around on my fingers,

Throughout the day, every day—

Especially while teaching!

 

I bought a nice spinner ring in Charleston a couple of years ago,

But one of the spin rings came off.

So in March, I searched Etsy until I found a ring that

I liked and was affordable.

The advertisement said that it was a

Solid 925 Sterling Silver ring,

So I bought it.

 

Fast forward a recent Friday night.

 

In a rare moment, I took off all my rings.

I looked at my fingers.

My right ring finger where I wear the spinner ring

Was green.

 

At first, I thought that the ring must not be sterling silver.

But then, after some research, I realized that sterling silver is not solid silver,

Rather, it is 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals,

Usually copper,

To increase the silver’s strength.

And so…the tarnish.

 

When I told a friend about the ring,

She said, “So what? If you like the ring, wear it.

Who cares about a little bit of green on your finger.”

 

Honestly, I did!

 

And so…

I bought a new spinner ring at the art gallery last Friday night.

And this one does not turn my finger green.

Yay!

 

The end.

 

😊

No comments:

Post a Comment