The
summer didn’t turn out as planned.
For
two years, JG and I had planned a three week trip to the United Kingdom and
Norway.
We
had chosen our excursions and begun looking for tickets to see a show on West
End,
But
JG just wasn’t feeling strong enough to go.
She
hasn’t been feeling well for quite some time.
Together,
we cancelled that trip and individually grieved.
Then
we decided that we would do a road trip to VA.
We’d
see some covered bridges and visit the Shenandoah National Park.
A
road trip done in short spurts should be doable, we thought.
So
we talked itineraries and made tentative plans.
JG’s
National Parks pass is even jn my car.
After
her three week vacation north, JG was going to go home to her various
appointments
And
my mom, dad, and I were going to go to the lake for a week.
Anyone
who wanted to and was able was welcome to visit.
Early
into JG’s sickness, I cancelled that reservation.
When
I wrote the VRBO owner to tell her why we had cancelled the reservation,
I
explained that my aunt had had a medical emergency that was going to require
on-going care.
She
wrote me back with her condolences and said family first.
That
was a month ago.
This
past Saturday, completely out of the blue,
The
host that never got the chance to host us sent me the following message:
Thought
about you and your family this past week. Praying your aunt is doing better and
you are holding strong as you care for her. I know it can be a blessing but can
be draining on you physically. Just wanted to let you know you and your aunt
were in our thoughts and prayers. May you be blessed!!
I
almost cried.
The
summer didn’t turn out as planned.
But
there are still good people.
And
there are still good moments.
And
there is still hope of one day getting to go to the lake house owned by the
stranger who thought to pray for me and JG and to let me know.
There
is still hope for strength.
And
I guess, for now, that’s enough.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment