I have a lot of jewelry.
Nothing
is worth much monetarily,
But
most of it holds sentimental value.
Because
of that sentimental value,
I
have a hard time changing my jewelry.
And
so I end up wearing the same pieces over and over and over again.
Necklaces
are the most challenging.
I
currently have on the ; that my friend Cris the Bookkeeper gave to me.
Not
only does the piece means something to me because Cris gave it to me
But
also it literally means something.
The
; means that the story is not over.
It
means that depression and anxiety do not have the final word.
When
I see someone who has a ; I point to my necklace in solidarity.
It
happened just the other day with a parent at school.
But
I have lots of other necklaces.
I
even have full sets of matching jewelry—
Ring,
necklace, earrings—
But
I’ve never worn a complete set because I don’t have a spare finger or a spare
neck or a spare hole in my ears,
Although
I do have 12 holes in my ears.
The
logical thing would be to simply change my jewelry and wear different pieces
ever so often.
That
way, I’m honoring the people who gave me the jewelry or the time that I
purchased the jewelry
While
cycling through it all.
The
thing is:
I’m
terrible at remembering to change it,
Even
when I want to.
I
even tried putting myself on a monthly schedule.
I
failed.
Maybe
I need a spreadsheet.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment