Wednesday, March 10, 2010

After The Letting Go


I've had the privilege of knowing a lot of people over the course of my 32 years. As such, I've had experienced the reality of letting go of a lot of people as well.

Sometimes letting go is natural. Sometimes it's forced. Sometimes letting go seems right. Sometimes it seems so wrong.

While I've come to accept the fact that life, love, and relationships change over the course of time and while I've made it my intention to focus on and remain present in the moment, I still sometimes struggle with what's been lost.

Last night, for no apparent reason, was a night of struggle, yet in the midst of my tears, a melody and lyrics floated into my mind:

I'll think of you every day
And as I do, I'll fall down on my knees and pray
We're growing
I've known that in this life
God would bring me to a place
Where I'd have to lag behind and let you run your own race
But now the time is here and it's hard than it seemed
Letting go's not easy, though I have to set you free
'Cause we're growing


I wish I understood the power of prayer. I wish I could grasp what it does, how it works, and in what way my prayers make a difference in the lives for whom I pray. But I don't.

And yet...

I don't know what else to do BUT pray for all those who have come into my life, walked beside me for such a time as this, and then said good-bye to go a separate way.

Guide them, bless them, keep them safe, God.
Use them, protect them, give them strength, oh Father.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment