Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Weird Thing I Do

I suppose we all have weird things that we like to do. Right?

Well mine is this:

I like to explore church buildings.

Whenever I visit a church for any reason--worship, Sunday School, conference, guest, family reunion, site visit for work, potential employer--I love to walk around the church and look at what's on the walls and see what's in the rooms and imagine everything that goes on inside the walls...and ponder if the space is being properly utilized or if it could be used better and think of all of the ministry possibilities the church holds. I also like to go into the sanctuary and breathe it in--embrace the holy silence and stand amazed at the fact that I am standing in a designated house of worship.

Weird, huh?

What about you?

What is a weird thing that you like to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment