Friday, November 5, 2010

There's A Stirring

One of my favorite songs is "There's A Stirring" by Caedmon's Call. I love that the song can be so simple yet so rich at the same time...and the words resonate with me. I wrote this poem based on the song about ten years ago. And for some reason, it's come to mind today.


There’s a stirring deep within me

a terrifying yet exhilarating numbness and weariness that drain my strength and bring me to my knees

Could it be my time has come when I’ll see my gracious Savior face to face

in a new place, in a new time, in a new ministry

When all is done. Is that His voice I am hearing, “Come away

from what you’ve held dear for so long

My precious one.”

my chosen one

Is He calling me? Is He

really

Calling me? I will rise up

rise up?

And bow down

in complete submission, humility, and surrender

And lay my crown

the symbol of all that I’ve worked to create, of all that I’ve overcome and experienced, of all the ways in which I’ve grown and all of the things that I’ve learned and all of the ways that I’ve loved, of all that I hold dear, of the status and importance that I’ve gained in the eyes of so many and the comfort that lies within

At His wounded feet

that stand ready to move me forward into glory greater than I’ve ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment