Friday, November 5, 2010

A Reflection Before CG

My desk is cluttered with so many papers that you cannot see its brown surface.

My office is full of dirty dishes from bringing my lunch and eating here every day this week.

My to-do list is still overflowing with tasks that must be done before I leave tomorrow.

My conference on the Five Love Languages is not yet planned.

And I have not selected the video clips that we will play in the general sessions.

Yet...the weekend will be here tomorrow and over 350 girls and their leaders will gather in Wilmington for a weekend packed with activity, fun, missions, and Love.

I had to go to Walmart this morning to get some medicine. My generic Prilosec wasn't working, so I bought the real stuff...and while I was there, I took my blood pressure. It was high.

I imagine that both of these medical ailments are due to stress, and I hate that...because I really do try to be non-anxious. Yet as much as that is my desire, I have let stress get the best of me in this planning...at least inwardly...and the stress is taking its toll...once again.

Boss is teaching a class on stress management tomorrow night. A good friend of mine recently wrote about the importance of slowing down and breathing. Maybe I should go to Boss' class and then take a few moments to breathe :-).

I know the weekend will be fine. I know that I've done everything I can do. Truth be told, I'm really not that worried or concerned because I know that neither will do anything...

And yet...my brow is furrowed. And everything is scattered. And my feet stink because I've worn these brown work shoes so much. And I need to pack. And wash dishes. And get my conference finished...

But the most important I can do--that we can all do--is pray and trust that God will take even our scattered messes and turn them into something more beautiful than we can imagine.

So I think that's what I'll do. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment