Thursday, May 11, 2023

Shoes

 “Will you tie my shoe for me?”

“Sure thing.”

And I’ll tie you up with love while I’m at it. 

 

“Will you get the knot out of my shoe for me?”

“Yes.”

And I’ll wish I could unknot all of the mess of your life for you. 

 

“Will you double knot my shoe for me?”

“Just put your foot on my leg where I can reach it.”

And I’ll hope you have something or someone secure to hold you throughout your life. 

 

“Can I dump out my shoe in your trash can?”

“Of course.”

And I’d like for you to dump out all that hinders you, as well. 

 

“My shoe is hurting my foot.”

“It looks like your shoes are too small. Let’s see if we can get you some new ones.”

And I’ll pray they last a long time.

 

“My shoe is falling apart.”

“It sure is. And I don’t think tape will hold it together. Let’s get you another pair.”

And I’ll smile as you proudly wear them. 

 

“Your shoes are on the wrong feet, sweetie.”

 

“Put your shoes back on your feet.”

 

“I like your new shoes.”

 

Good. Because. 

 

“Will you tie my shoe for me?”

 

Only if I can tie you up with love while I’m at it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment