Friday, March 6, 2020

Help, Thanks, Wow!

Many years ago, I had this dream of being a retreat and worship leader. For a few years, I was leading retreats and worship events on a regular basis, and I absolutely loved it.

Time has gone by, however, and life has happened, and I have found myself no longer doing what I love the most.

My retreat supplies have become dusty and my confidence in leadership has wavered. The callouses on my fingers have faded and my singing voice has lost some of its power. I have not written a song in years.

Yet in just two weeks, I will have the opportunity to dust off my retreat leading skills and lead a one day retreat.

I’ve been preparing for weeks and I’ve written a little jingle that goes like this:

“Dear God, help
Dear God, thanks
Dear God, wow
And amen

Help me now to make it through
Thank you for all that you do
God, you take my breath away
And still you hear me say

Dear God, help
Dear God, thanks
Dear God, wow
And amen”

I’m excited. But I’m nervous. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I prepare to do this thing that I’ve missed yet truly desire to do.

Thanks, friends.

Love,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment