Monday, September 20, 2010

Writing of Lament and Intention

Sometimes,
I wish that I just had hours and hours to write.
That words would flow onto the page without hestitation or judgment of error.
That thoughts would emerge from my mind and become reality for the world to see:
not because of need for attention or belief that my thinking is in any way
new or fresh or revolutionary or inspiring,
but because of need for relationship--
because of this deeply rooted need to share my life's journey with others and to both remind and be reminded that none of us is alone--
because of this this need to laugh and cry and struggle and rejoice with people--
because of this this need to proclaim that, somehow,
despite all logic and human comprehension,
prayers ARE answered,
God IS alive and working,
and life IS worth living.
Yet...time eludes me and stitled thoughts are joined by backspace and delete
and I'm left with this writing of lament and intention instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment