Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Favorite Teacher Reflection

My junior year of high school was a hard year. I switched towns, churches, schools, groups of friends, marching bands, class possibilities--everything.

As difficult as it was, though, my junior year of high school is the one that I'll always remember in a positive light because of Mrs. Royal, my junior English teacher.

I've always been better at math than language arts, yet Mrs. Royal taught me to appreciate literature. She also taught me good grammar...and she encouraged me to write. Had it not been for writing, then my junior year of transition would have been much more difficult than it already was.

Mrs. Royal encouraged me to write poetry and prose and she even allowed me to compose a song for one of my class projects. She told me that I was a good writer--that I had a gift of expressing myself with words--so because of her, I gained confidence in my words and began a form of expression that has carried me through both joys and sorrows.

Writing, for me, is a way that I hear God and share God.

What about you? Who is/was your favorite teacher? And what is/was the main lesson he/she taught you?

What's more...have you thanked that teacher for the impact that he/she has made on your life?

I thank Mrs. Royal every time I see her...and I thank God for allowing our paths to cross, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment