Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Writer's Block

I've wanted to write all day.

Not like I'm writing now--in prose--but in poetry.

In short phrases and descriptive language and words to reflect the scattered thoughts that are in my heart and soul.

When I feel my heart breaking--for whatever reason--I want to write in little pieces that reflect the ones breaking inside me, not in eloquent sentences that tie everything together with perfect ease and sense.

Some things are too painful to make sense.

Life doesn't always fit.

So maybe there are times when words don't fit either.

Maybe this is writer's block.

4 comments:

  1. I have to tell you that despite what you call "Writer's Block", I love your writing. It's soothing to the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anne. This means a lot...especially when I'm discouraged and wondering if anyone actually reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be discouraged, my friend. You have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW......those words, "some things are too painful to make sense" really hit me, about like the devotional in staff meeting on Thursday.

    You are right. Life doesn't always fit.

    You are right. I believe that there are indeed times when words don't fit.

    I'm just glad that I ALWAYS fit in God's arms. I'm safe there!!!

    ReplyDelete