Thursday, September 16, 2010

Enumpive

I have a qwerty keyboard. I do. I'm just three times faster with my old school numbers/quick text than I am with qwerty--not to mention that I can write messages without looking at what I'm doing when I use the quick text feature. The problem comes when I don't proofread what I send before sending it and I've either typed something wrong or that quick text doesn't recognize and, as a result, something doesn't make sense or comes out wrong. For instance, "Are you dating someone?" comes out "Are you eating someone?" if I don't fix it :-).



Well...last night, very quickly, I tried to post "Favorite things about the [rented] town car so far..." Only, I typed something wrong and posted "ENUMPIVE things about the town car so far..." and didn't check it before I posted. IMMEDIATELY, I received a rush of messages from confused friends and family members across both North and South Carolina. I was amazed at how quickly curiousity settled upon my Facebook wall. I had people thinking I'd used a scholarly vocabulary word, looking it up in the dictionary, and having cross state conversations with people they hitherto had never conversed.



My sister provided me with the best response, though...one I laughed so hard at that I cried! :-)



Here it is, folks--"A Few of My Enumpive Things"--sung to the tune of "A Few of My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music.



Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Happy young Acteens and warm woolen mittens

Fancy new Birkenstocks tied up with strings

These are a few of my enumpive things



New Lincoln Town Cars and crisp apple streudels

Quick text and Stanley and butter with noodles

Road trips that fly with the moon on their wings

These are a few of my enumpive things



When the dog bites

When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my enumpive things

And then I don't feel so bad



Dee in new dresses and big piles of cashes

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

Cute orange fishes that dive into springs

These are a few of my enumpive things



When the dog bites

When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my enumpive things

And then I don't feel so bad...




PS. Maybe we should push to make "enumpive" a real word. It's kind of fun to say. My friend Chris has already properly formatted it for dictionary use. And it certainly now has meaning amongst my small group of friends :-).




PPS. I feel ridiculous driving the town car. It's fancy and nice, but I'm thinking it's not one of my enumpive cars. I'm glad I get to return it on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment