Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Birthday Prayer


Dear God (You ARE dear to me and you ARE God):

I love you.

Thank you for loving me (and I DO believe that you love me)
And for creating me in your image and giving me the capacity to live and love in community (as you ARE love and community).

Thank you for the people in my life who love me (as I have seen today, there are many)
For the people in my life whom I deeply love (past and present, there are many)
And for the people I have yet to meet or may never meet who will profoundly influence my life (no doubt, there are many).

As I continue to live and find purpose in life (even as I question it)
And as I continue to live into the fullness of who you created and called me to be (just as you did, Jesus),
I pray that you will help me bring others into your presence each day (the presence of love)
And that you will help me (in whatever way you provide help)
Hear those who speak (really hear, not just listen)
Cherish and support those around me (celebrate them for who they are and encourage them in the things that they do)
And serve with a spirit of humility that honors the dignity and worth of every form of life (just as I believe that you desire it).

Help me to love so deeply and fully that every breath I breathe gives
You (Creator of Love and Life; Redeemer and Prince of Peace; Sustainer and God With Us)
Joy and satisfaction in your creation (after all, you looked and said it was good) and
Others the pleasure of experiencing unconditional love (and it really is a humbling, unbelievable pleasure).

I love you…

I love you…

I love you.

And I thank you for loving me and giving me life over thirty-three years ago today.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment