Friday, July 30, 2010

Confession: ENFJ

My name is Deanna.

I am an ENFJ.

Extraverted.
Intuitive.
Feeling.
Judging.

There are a lot of good things about my ENFJ-ness, just as there a lot of good things about any personality type. But there are also some weakenesses associated with it, too.

According to one of my favorite type books, Looking at Type and Spirituality, these are my common stumbling blocks:

--Becoming too emotionally involved in the success or failure of the spiritual endeavors I lead.

--Not having adequate patience.

--Assuming my way may be the most noble or altruistic.

--Talking the weight of the world on my shoulders.

My trap? Avoiding any expressions of negative feelings out of fear of disharmony.

On days when I'm stressed, my stumbling blocks and trap work together to create a not-so-fun day for me. On weeks when I'm stressed, the long string of not-so-fun days exhaust me and leave an ache in the pit of my stomach for fear of making decisions that are bad or wrong or that might hurt someone else.

That's where I am at this very moment...feeling beat up, trapped, and stressed, with an ache in my belly...all because of decisions that affect others, though part of my job they be.

But do not fret dear friends and mother!

My book suggests ways you can help!

--Encourage me to consider msyelf and my own needs and wants and to take care of myself.

--Gently confront me, especially when I insist on everyone getting along, with the truth that even the best of relationships can grow as a result of conflict.

--Give me permission and help me develop imaginative and creative ways for people's spiritual growth and development.

--Provide a personal and caring environment. When there is heavy judgment, criticism, or a sense of being devalued, I accomplish less.

Or...as boss did today, send me words of encouragement and affirm the fact that I'm trying:

"Tell the F in you that you are doing great!"

My name is Deanna.

I am an ENFJ.

Extraverted.
Intuitive.
Feeling.
Judging.

No comments:

Post a Comment