Thursday, October 13, 2022

Junk Mail Folder

 I may be the minority here,

But I regularly clean out my e-mail inbox and

Check my spam folder.

I enjoy the tidiness of a non-cluttered inbox and

I look forward to finding real messages in my spam folder.

In fact, I probably look forward to it too much

Because sometimes I’m disappointed when it’s truly only junk.

 

The other day, as I was scrolling through my spam folder,

I saw a message from a friend I hadn’t heard from in a long time.

The subject title was “Post seen on Facebook.”

I didn’t know if the message was junk or if it was real.

I took a chance, though,

opened the message,

didn’t see any suspicious links,

and began to read.

 

The message is my picture for the day.

 

Not only was it not junk,

It was treasure!

 

“I just want to encourage you to keep on paying attention to the things most of us want to ignore,” she wrote. “God sees you and what you do is very important. You are one of my few ‘heroes.’”

 

I was recently asked why it takes a special event for someone to tell you how much you mean to them.

 

Let today be that special event, friends.

 

Even if you risk getting sent to spam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment