Thursday, October 20, 2022

Adrenaline Rush Hyperfocus

 I confess.

For the first part of the week,

I was running on an adrenaline-rush-hyperfocus.

Yesterday morning,

After my final bid on e-Bay was approved,

I came down from the high and tired hit me.

And then I started crying.

For no reason.

I just cried.

I think crying is something that my body has to do ever so often

To remain in balance.

Is anyone else like that?

 

My adrenaline-rush-hyperfocus was brought on by my grant.

Having $2000 burned a whole in my pocket and

I immediately went into spending mode.

Was there a deadline for spending the money?

No.

Was there any reason whatsoever that I needed to order the instruments immediately?

No.

But did I spend the entire $2000 in less than a week?

Yes.

   

And here’s the cool thing:

Because of eBay bidding and price offers,

And because of my amazing bookkeeper, Cris,

I got so many price reductions that

I was able to get two instruments that I hadn’t planned to get:

The accordion and the sitar (from India).

 

In the process of shopping and bidding,

I prayed that I would be a good steward of the money.

I had a few let downs in bidding and

I had some major debates with myself over which instruments to order and

Some of the instruments that I wanted disappeared before I could get them.

 

But, in the end, I ordered the following (mostly from their country of origin):

Guitarron (Mexico)

Vihuela (Mexico)

Shamisen (Japan)

Balalaika (Russia)

Sitar (India)

Native American Jingle Pouch (Indigenous Peoples of North America)

Native American Drum (Indigenous Peoples of North America)

2 Kids Accordions (German influence)

Crash Cymbals (Turkish influence)

 

Now I just have one major problem:

I have nowhere to store said instruments!

But I guess that’s a good problem to have.

 

When is the last time you had an adrenaline-rush-hyperfocus?

What was the cause?

And what happened when you came down?

I’d love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment