Monday, June 21, 2021

Bummed Gratefulness

 

I was supposed to go to Charleston today.

Rachel and Angela and I (college friends) planned the trip a couple of months ago.

We cleared our schedules.

They found child and dog care.

We were in the process of gathering itinerary data when

Bam!

Out of nowhere, I received a jury duty summons.

I report this afternoon at 1:30.

 

I’ve never done jury duty.

The process is new and unknown to me.

I know it’s my civic duty and

I know I shouldn’t complain

But, quite truthfully, I’m bummed about the whole thing—

Especially because I don’t think I’ll be a very good jury member.

I think I may be slightly too compassionate.

 

But.

 

We had a good Father’s Day.

Dad is standing on his tip-toes in this picture

Because he wanted to be taller than Dana and me.

We had a good weekend.

Griffin the Nephew and Amelia the Niece spent a few days with us.

We puzzled and TV’d and went thifting, Hallmarking, and movieing.

Amelia and I even sang our first duet at church yesterday.

Rachel and Angela get to travel to Charleston in

Angela’s new, fully loaded mini-van.

Yes, we are old when we celebrate a new mini-van!

 

So.

 

There are things to grateful for…

Even in the midst of being bummed.

 

Maybe you’re feeling bummed, too.

Or maybe you’re feeling a deeper sadness and grief.

Or maybe you’re in a really good place right now.

Regardless, there is something to be grateful for today.

Will you share your story of gratefulness here?

 

Oh God, even in the midst of minor frustrations or major grief, You are creating good. Thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment