Monday, February 1, 2021

Anniversary

 

On Thursday, my word was Peace.

Today, my word is Love.

Because today is my parents’ 57th wedding anniversary.

I cannot imagine all that my mom and dad have seen and experienced

In their 57 years together.

But what I can imagine and

What I see each day is

Love.

 

Love is many things.

There are many types of love.

Love is the center of novels, short stories, essays, and poems.

There are endless verses of scripture, songs, and quotes about love.

Love is the driving motivation for much of what we do.

There is no way to capture love in one note,

Especially 57 years of love.

 

And so…

I ask you to share your favorite words of love

In honor of my parents today.

What is love to you?

 

To me, today,

After witnessing my dad cry 

At the thought of how much he loves my mom,

Love is:

 

“I am overwhelmed

Moved to the point of tears by

The way you love me”

 

And to me, today,

Thinking about 57 years with one partner,

Love is:

 

“I love you now

I love you then

I love you yesterday

I love you today

I love you always

I love you still

I love you beginning

I love you end”

 

But for you, today,

What is love?

 

For you, always,

What is love?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment