Thursday, February 11, 2021

A Bear and A Creature With A Gaping Mouth

 

There’s a cut-back bush at the front of the school.

I see it every day when I’m on duty.

On the cut-back bush, there’s a bear. 

And a creature with a gaping mouth.

I don’t know where they came from.

The bear and the creature with a gaping mouth.

I don’t know why they’re there.

I just know they’re there.

Each on its own branch.

Alone.

Abandoned.

Possibly waiting for someone to claim them.

Possibly waiting for the moment when someone will see them and recognize their worth.

But what is their worth?

A bear and a creature with a gaping mouth.

 

There’s a cut-back heart walking the halls of the school.

I see it every day.

In the cut-back heart, there’s a boy.

Or a girl with a longing soul.

I don’t know exactly where they come from.

The boy and the girl with a longing soul.

I don’t know exactly why they’re here.

I just know they’re here.

Each in his/her own private hell.

Feeling alone.

Feeling abandoned.

Waiting for someone to claim them.

Waiting for the moment when someone will see them and recognize their worth.

But what is their worth?

A boy and a girl with a longing soul.

 

Everything.

Their worth is everything.

And it’s up to us

To see them

To claim them

And to give them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment