Monday, January 30, 2012

A Story To Belong

Learning takes place most fully when one takes what she has heard or experienced and creates some type of response. So here are my poetic responses to a recent 17 minute devotion/Bible study/sermon. Enjoy.

Stupid
1.30.12

I’ve heard it said,
“We are all just one step away from stupid.”
I’d agree with that statement except for this:
Some of us aren’t just a step away.
Some of us are already there.

A Story To Belong
1.30.12

The more I think about it,
the more certain I am that
we all just want to be part of
a narrative we support and
believe in.

The more I think about it,
the more positive I am that
we all just want a story
in which we belong--
a physical,
emotional,
mental, and
spiritual
place of being where
we exist peacefully and comfortably,
even if that comfort is felt as
discomfort to someone else.

The more I think about it,
the more clear I am that
I cannot understand the depth of
creation and
how God can love all of God’s created when
we live in so many contradicting stories and
interpretations of the same story that is
said to be the
greatest story ever told.

No comments:

Post a Comment