Friday, October 21, 2011

Hmmm....

I’m not feeling compelled to write much today. I’m leaving in a few minutes to go to my last fall training of the year and I’ve been working feverishly to finish preparations for our Acteens/Youth on Mission event that’s happening this weekend. In between those preparations, I’ve been working to solidify things for the Human Exploitation Symposium happening next Thursday, all the while knowing that I have a bunch of articles to edit for our newsletter. Needless to say, my mind is focused on lots of things already; therefore, it has not been able to land on anything interesting about which to write. So...I think I’ll take this space to list some of the things for which I am grateful (in no particular order):

Indoor plumbing and a hot shower in which both to clean and have revelations about life.

Audio books.
Computer word processing and spreadsheets.
E-mail and texting.
Laser printers.
Laughter.
The ability to cry.
Comfortable shoes and clothes.
Glasses.
Colors and rainbows.
My family.
My friends.
Babies growing in my friends’ bellies.
Pets and zoo animals and bears that stay at a safe distance and don’t hurt anyone.
Purple Palmolive.
Green Cascade.
Electric razors.
Elevators that work.
Travel reimbursement.
Heating and air.
Punctuation and proofreading.
Coke rewards points.
Poetry, art, music, and dance.
Counseling.
Cherry Coke Zero.
Light. Hope. Grace. Love.
Willard and Fish Ball and Earl and Cassie May (even though I rarely get to strum arl these days and Cassie May’s keys sit mostly unplayed).
Camp.
Bakin.
Cooking.
The Food Network.
Yummy recipes.
Chocolate (fair trade of course).
Coffee.
Movie theatre popcorn.
Mini donuts from the fair.
Chicken and dumplings.
Field peas.
Cameras.
Good gas mileage.
Traffic lights and road signs.
Motion sickness medicine.
Breath and air.
Trees.
Healthy plants.
Sabbath.
My church.
Sleep.
My bed.
Stanley.
T-shirt sheets and quilts.
Soft pillows.
Comfortable pajamas.
Warm blankets.
Rest.

What about you? What are some things you’re grateful for today? Be careful when you start listing them, though. You might have trouble stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment