Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Dreaded M

Have you ever felt like you know someone because of the amount of time you spend listening to him/her on the radio or watching him/her on TV? It happens to me a lot. I’m so loyal to my favorite TV and radio personalities that I speak of them as if we’re on a first name basis.

That’s how I came to know Larry Burkett. I listened to Larry every day on my way home from school my first year of teaching. Larry taught me how to budget, how to give, how to avoid debt, how to use my credit card only a substitute for cash, how to pay off debt using the snowball effect, how important it is to start saving for retirement when I’m young, and so much more. Larry died a few years ago, and I was sad when he did. I will always be grateful to him because of how he impacted my life…and I never really knew him…just his voice on the radio.

This week’s lesson is about the dreaded “m”—money. Take a few moments to read the article by Sharon Morton and to sit with the parts that stick out to you. You may be in good financial shape or you may be struggling. Either way, this article can speak to you if you will let it:

http://www.mymissionfulfilled.com/article.asp?id=2511

What is the best financial advice that you’ve ever been given? And what is by a “real” friend or by a conceptual friend that spoke to you in a very real way?

No comments:

Post a Comment