Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hard To Stay


I had a major work event on Saturday. The event went well. I couldn’t have asked for anything better, actually. I left the day exhausted yet full of adrenalized energy. I knew that I needed to go to my apartment and rest because I have another event on Thursday, but I wanted nothing more than to drive to North Carolina to see my family...because the boys were staying with mom and dad...and I wanted to go play.

But I stayed. I made myself do the logical, rational thing, and I stayed. I went to the apartment on Saturday and cooked and cleaned and I rested on Sunday and cooked and cleaned some more. I ran errands and watched movies and didn’t put 400 extra miles on my car. I called the boys and talked with them on the phone and chuckled as they abruptly handed the phone to another brother when they were finished talking. I did what made physically and monetarily made sense. But it was hard. It was so hard to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment