Saturday, December 31, 2022

Year End Reflection

 Sitting by the fire with a friend,

Sheltered from the rain,

I think back over the year and remember.

 

I remember making it to Jacksonville 5 minutes after my grandmother died but singing to her anyway.

I remember getting sick in the Spring and narrowly escaping a stay in the hospital thanks to my doctor giving me a butt shot every day.

I remember helping with the Greenwood Massive Mural.

I remember my dad turning 80.

I remember my cruise to the Mediterranean and seeing the bluest waters and skies in my life.

I remember winning a Bright Ideas Grant.

And I remember walking out of “Oklahoma” and being surprised that I liked the musical “Frozen” after declaring the climatic moment of the movie too soon.

 

2022 has been a year of ups and downs,

As is every year I suppose,

And I greet its departure neither with excitement or dread.

 

Tomorrow is another day,

A New Year,

Another step into becoming,

All that we are meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment