Thursday, May 26, 2022

Annie's Trap Belly

 It’s warm, fluffy, and inviting,

But it’s a trap.

When Annie the Cat lays on her back with her belly exposed,

She doesn’t necessarily want to be rubbed.

She might just be stretching.

Or she might want to play.

It’s hard to know,

Unless you put your hand in the trap

And see if it snags you.

 

If she’s sleep, then she might not attack.

But if she’s awake, more often than not,

Then she will reach up with her paws,

Grab your hand, and

Scratch you playfully.

But it still hurts!

And my hand is still marked with scratches!

 

I don’t know why I let her belly tempt me.

I even say, every time she’s on her back,

“Annie’s trap belly is open.”

But then I knowingly risk my hand to pet that super soft, pretty fur.

 

I think that sometimes life is like this, too.

We don’t always know why we do the things we do,

And yet we do them anyway,

Understanding that risk is involved,

But hoping against hope that we will receive

Reward over trapping.

 

What is a temptation you cannot resist?

 

What is something you struggle to turn away from?

 

What is your warm, fluffy cat belly?

 

Be encouraged, friend:

You’re not alone today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment