Thursday, November 18, 2021

The Beauty of Fall

Me: Well, hey! How are you?

 

Grandmother in the car rider line: I’m doing just fine. I’m enjoying this nice weather and the beautiful colors of the trees.

 

Me: I know. It really is gorgeous.

 

Grandmother in the car rider line: Do you think there are people who just don’t notice?

 

Me: I hope not.

 

And I really do hope not.

 

I hope that there aren’t people who are so busy that they don’t notice just how vivid are the colors of fall. I hope that there aren’t people who are so self-focused that they fail to notice golden sun or shimmering moon shining onto this earth. I hope that there aren’t people who are so jaded by religion that they can’t see the spirituality in nature. I hope. But I know these hopes are in vain.

 

Oh God: Open our eyes that we may see the beauty that surrounds us. Open our ears that we may hear birdsongs of praise. Open our hearts that we may feel your spirit in the gentle winds. For you are Creator God and we love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment