Monday, May 31, 2021

Rainbow in the Storm

 

I saw an image a few weeks ago while scrolling through Facebook.

 

I don’t know what drew me in more: The image itself, the words, or the thought that maybe, just maybe, I could paint the image for myself.

 

That happens a lot these days—me thinking that I can paint something.

 

But then, when I sit down to try, I don’t do so well. I need Shauna The Art Teacher to guide me.

 

Yet I was determined to paint this image: A rainbow in the middle of a storm, hope in the middle of darkness.

 

“This storm is making me tired,” said the boy.

“Storms get tired, too,” said the horse, “so hold on.”

 

Hold on.

Keep going.

Keep pushing through.

Know that there is good in the midst of bad.

Know that life doesn’t have to be either or but both and.

Remember.

Especially on this Memorial Day, remember.

The storm may be making you tired.

But storms get tired, too.

So hold on.

Or let go.

Or do both.

There is holding on in letting go.

There is a rainbow in the middle of the storm.

There is hope in the middle of darkness.

Oh God, thank you for hope in the middle of darkness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment