Thursday, May 13, 2021

Grateful

 

My mom had her second eye surgery yesterday.

I heard about the “gas shortage” on Tuesday.

Because I knew that my dad would be driving a lot the rest of the week,

I wrote him on Tuesday and said,

“Evidently, you need to fill up today if you can find gas.”

A little while later, he wrote me and said,

“It only took $20 to fill up your car with gas.”

I said, “Oh. Well thanks. I didn’t mean for you to fill up mine.

Did you get yours done, too?”

“Not yet,” he said.

“I hope there’s has left when you go for yourself!” I responded.

There wasn’t.

By the time he got back to the station for himself,

All of the gas was gone.

 

Thankfully, my dad’s car was relatively full of gas.

Thankfully, they’ve had enough gas to get my mom to her appointments.

Thankfully, my mom is doing okay, though she still has a ways to go before she can properly see again.

Thankfully, I was randomly driving my old car this week just to give it some exercise.

Thankfully, I have a dad who sacrificed doing for himself and instead did for me.  

 

There is so much to be grateful for.

 

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment