Monday, September 28, 2020

Words Create

I’m a scratched-up record, Worn and old, Stuck on the same refrain: Words matter. Words have power. Words create. The middle of second grade, Teaching along, “I want to leave now,” I read. “I want to leave, too!” I read in response. Words hit like a punch in the gut, A direct hit to my always present insecurities. “Cool!” I read in response to the lesson. “This is neat!” I continue to read. “I’ve seen that before!” “WOW!” And yet… “I want to leave now,” is all I can hear. “They’re bored,” I think. “I’m not a good teacher,” I fear. “All I do is bore the children,” I worry. “They don’t want to be here,” I conclude. Damn those words. They mattered. And not in a good way. I’m a scratched-up record, Worn and old, Stuck on the same refrain: Words matter. Words have power. Words create. May we use our words to Create things for good. Please. I implore you. Because Words matter. Words have power. Words create…

No comments:

Post a Comment