Thursday, August 6, 2020

Dream Cart

A few years ago, I had to teach from a cart one day a week. I tried, but failed, to find a cup holder extension for my cart and to add other accessories to make things more convenient for teaching. Instead, I spilled my coffee more times than I care to admit and I fumbled around with my instruments and teaching supplies in a disarrayed mess. Fast forward to this year. When we move to in-person learning, I am going to be teaching from a cart. I find myself having flashbacks to those days of spilled coffee and general disarray. Not wanting to experience that again, I have asked what kind of carts we will be using and if there is any chance that we could special-order our carts. The chance is slim, but it’s there. So… I spent about an hour researching carts the other night. And do you know what my #1 criteria was? You guessed it! A cup holder! And I found one! It’s super cool…with lots of possibilities for accessories…and the cup holder is built in! Folks: Teaching from a cart is hard. It’s far from ideal, but unless something drastic changes, it will be my reality for in-person learning this year. So I have a choice: I can hold onto a negative attitude and begrudge the year, or I can try to find little sparks of positive and make the most of what I’ve been given. I’ll be honest and admit that it’s easy to be negative. I’ve done my fair share of that this week. But if I am going to be the person I want to be, then I must do whatever I can to rise above the negativity and embrace every opportunity as a chance to grow. And so…I hold to the hope of a cart with a cup holder and the ability to accessorize! Hold to that hope with me, friends. For it’s never dark when we hold on to hope. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment