Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hug

Hug is a pillow that my friend Krista made me a few years ago. She stuffed the inside of a sweatshirt; sewed together all openings; placed Velcro on the bottom of the sleeves where hands would clasp; and wrote the word “Hug” on the outside. She said whenever I needed a hug, then I could wrap hug around me, attach the Velcro, and have an instant hug.

I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I still think it’s a brilliant idea.

And today, it’s an idea that I offer to you should you ever need to give someone a hug but live many miles away.

------------

Also…

If you’re considering doing counseling, then be forewarned that you will come face to face with your demons. Your theology will be challenged. Your fears hooked. Your weaknesses exposed. Your patterns of certainty compromised. You will have to feel, reflect, and write when you wish you could stop. But. In it all, your life will change and you will discover strengths that you did not know you had.

No comments:

Post a Comment