Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Prayer

May I,
as a minister, family member, and friend,
never do something to
wound someone's spirit or
cause her shame.

May I,
as a minister, family member, and friend,
be part of building up the Kingdom of God
by affirming all people,
especially those with whom I work and serve,
as individuals of worth in God's creation.

May my scope not be limited
and my actions not be skewed.

May my work be intentional
and my efforts not misplaced.

May my needs not be ignored
and my wants confused with need.

May my life be authentic
and my words not breathed in vain.

May God's wisdom and grace
show me always how to
love with Christ's love and pray with Christ's faith,
know when to speak and stay silent,
embrace the ways of sacrifice rather than consumerism, and
honor creation through the redemption of both souls and planet earth.

May I, as a minister, family member, and friend,
never do something to
wound someone's spirit or
cause her shame--
even when we may disagree.

This is my prayer;
this is my plea.

Amen.

--dd, 5/6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment