Saturday, May 15, 2010

Laughter

One of my all-time favorite song lyrics says:

"And if you make me laugh, I know I can make you like me--cause when I laugh I can be a lot of fun. But when we can't do that, I know that it is frightening--and I don't know why we can't hold on--can't hold on." (by Rich Mullins, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9vogh4Il34&feature=related)

One of my favorite life truths says:

"Laughter is the best medicine."

Think of someone who makes you laugh. Thank God for his/her presence in your life.

Think of a time when you laughed so hard that you cried. Thank God for that wonderful time in your life.

Think of a moment when fear, anxiety, or nervousness was relieved through laughter. Thank God for release.

And think of someone whose life is hard and heavy and could benefit from a dose of laughter. Pray that God will help you know when and how to make that happen.

I don't know about you...but I'm thankful for laughter...and I'm thankful that we have a God who walked on earth with us...and not only cried...but laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment