Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Response To The Conversation

On Monday, I posted a conversation between a youth minister and one of her former students. I didn't comment on the conversation, other than to set up the context.

Three days later, this is my response.

Could this be how "she" feels? Could this be how "they" feel? Could this be how you feel?

Could this be the reality in which we live and must navigate as we seek to make the Christ-story relevent for the world today?

-----------

"Breathe"
4/8/10

There are things in this heart
that you cannot see:
jagged edges,
broken shards,
painful realities that poke and prod and
pinch my skin until I bleed.

(breathe)

I feel deeper than this surface world
allows me to feel...

Sometimes emotion swells up so high
that all I can do is break down and cry
invisible tears that can't leave my eyes
lest you gawk at the passion I hold inside.

(breathe)

I question deeper than faith's status quo
allows me to speak...

Sometimes thoughts race so fast inside
that they toss and tumble and loudly collide
with a noise so awful that peace can't subside
yet I stuff words in silence, my truth to hide.

(breathe)

There are things in this heart
that you cannot see:
lost love,
helpless regret,
impossible realities that taunt and nag and
pierce my soul until it bleeds.

--dd

No comments:

Post a Comment