Saturday, April 24, 2010

Breathing Through Time

Just Breathe
3/11/07

Breathe,
you say?
but
I
do not
want
to breathe.
So the pauses
caused by my
forceful tears?
They're really
okay.
What's the point
of breathing
a pointless life
anyway?

--dd

----------

The Fight To Stay Present
2/13/08

My muscles are sore
from constant strain:
feet colliding with hot force,
hands tracing a line up and down the forehead
or pulling the hair on the head
or just rubbing together with intense pressure,
muscles contracting without thinking,
back quivering,
lungs forgetting to breathe.
My body is tight.
My heart aches.
My stomach stays in the land of nausea.
My brain battles to tell me:
"I am here.
I am present.
Not in yesterday
or tomorrow.
But right here."
It's just:
my brain is losing the battle
to the strength of my body
today.
And sleep,
sweet sleep,
is my only relief.

--dd

----------

Lovingkindness
10/2/09

Authenticity:
Realizing I am a self who part of something bigger
And accepting the fact I am not alone.

Self-care:
Slowing down to sit with the creative God of love
And to embrace the peace that comes in time.

Lovingkindness:
Breathing in all that’s bad and
Allowing Christ to filter and transform it into something pure and good…
Then breathing out and releasing hope into life and world.

--dd

-----------

Breathe
4/21/10

When life seems unfair…it’s not…
But breathe.
When you can’t to clear your head…you eventually will…
Just breathe.
When you want to scream…just scream…
Then breathe.
When you’re in the dark and want to be in light…light will come…
So breathe.
When there’s so much excitement you can hardly contain it…let it out…
Yet breathe.
And when you feel like you're overflowing with love...simply love...
And breathe.

--as/dd

-----------

Eternal God, Giver of life and breath, thank you for time and growth and transformation and breath. May your loving and healing Spirit continue to flow in to and out of me as You, the very breath of life,
breathe peace in to a hurting world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment