Monday, February 20, 2023

Leather Padfolio

 A couple of months ago,

While shopping for Christmas presents,

I treated myself to a gift:

A leather padfolio.

I had purchased padfolios for two other people,

And I was so impressed when they came that I decided to buy myself one.

The leather is gorgeous,

Stained a rich brown,

Flexible yet sturdy,

And monogrammed with my name.

The only downfall is that my padfolio easily shows scratches and scuffs.

After only two months of use,

It was looking rough,

And I was lamenting how easily my beautiful padfolio had become dingy.

Then I found a product called Leather CPR at my local The Dollar Gentrald.  

It was an “As Seen on TV” product, promised that it was all natural, and touted that it would cover scratches and scuffs.

Sure enough, it did!

After gently massaging my padfolio with Leather CPR,

It returned to its original beauty.

It was amazing,

And I was thrilled.

 

Friends: We all have scratches and scuffs.

If you have a cat like Annie, then your scratches and scuffs might be literal.

But more likely than not, your scratches and scuffs are figurative…

And they are all over your heart, mind, and body.

While there’s not one magic product that will return your heart, mind, and body to its original beauty,

There is grace,

And grace will do wonders to restore a weary soul.

Grace may come in the form of exercise, a massage, or some other body work.

Grace may come in the form of therapy or a friend’s a listening ear.

Grace may come through the depth of music.

Grace may come through the mystery of prayer.

Grace may come from the magic of medication.

Grace may come from the restorative nature of sleep.

Grace may come out of nature.

Grace may come out of the Word of God.

But however it comes,

There is grace.

 

As you can see in this picture,

To keep my padfolio looking its best,

I will have to reapply Leather CPR on a regular basis.

To keep ourselves at our best,

We will have to reapply grace.

Every.

Single.

Day.

 

Oh God: You have offered us grace time and time again, and you have given us grace in the person of Jesus Christ. Help us to see your grace and to accept your grace as the gift that you are offering. Heal our deepest wounds. Restore our souls when they are weary. Soothe our scratches and scuffs. And grant us true life in the way that only you can. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment