Thursday, August 18, 2022

Rise Up!

 Our assistant principal is an upstanding guy. Yesterday, he posted a prayer for the beginning of the year. Trusting that he won’t mind, I’m reposting that prayer, having taken some editorial liberties.

 

I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know how prayer works, but you’d better believe that I will be praying for this school year—for myself and for others. And not only that, but I will be willing to be an answer to my own prayers and to the prayers of others. I hope you will be the same.   

 

Dear God:

Here we are again at the start of another school year.

As we contemplate all we have gone through over the last few years, we can’t help but wonder what this year will bring.

Thoughts, feelings, and anticipation flood the mind and soul.

Worries and fatigue seem to overwhelm.

I have come to a critical conclusion, though.

The mind is such an important part of our perception.  

And my mind tells me that it is time to RISE UP!

So help us, God, to rise up in our hearts, and hope.

HOPE that what we are doing makes a difference.

Help us to LOVE!

Spread love to all we meet.

Help us to be a listening ear and a guiding heart.

Help us to RISE UP in spirit and truth.

Let the right mindset engulf our thoughts.

Let our minds be determined, passionate, and versatile.

Let us RISE UP together and push for a wonderful year, no matter the odds!

Help us to remember that in the light of eternity, this is but a moment.

So, while we have breath, help us seize the moment.

While our hearts beat, let them beat to the fullest.

Help us today!

Help us tomorrow!  

Help us this school year!

Help us to do this!

Help us to RISE UP!

Amen.

And Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment