Thursday, July 14, 2022

Perseverance Pays Off

 Tomorrow is my dad’s 80th birthday.

(I’ll be posting his birthday interview then).

 

It’s a pseudo-tradition in my family to celebrate milestone birthdays with products that contain that number.

Mom and I weren’t certain that we’d be able to find many products with the number 80,

But we set out looking around 12:30 yesterday afternoon.

 

1.5 hours later,

After slowly going up and down every aisle at Dollar Tree,

Carefully examining the small print of every item,

We had garnered 13 different products that contained the number 80:

An 80-count of the product,

A product of 80 (or .80) grams,

A produce with 80% of something, or

A product of 80 calories.

 

Every time we found an 80 item,

We exclaimed with surprise:
“Look Dee/Mom! I found one!”

And then we gleefully added it to our cart.

 

All I could think was the phrase:
“Hard work and perseverance pay off”

Each time we did.

 

When we finished our expedition,

Mom said, “Well that was a fun little adventure.

We got more done than I thought we would.”

 

And we did.

And it was.

And I am thankful.

 

God: Sometimes it’s the small things that mean the most. Thank you for the small things and help them not to get lost in the midst of everything that’s so big. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment