Friday, July 15, 2022

Interview with Dad

 What is your very first memory? I remember being on a blanket down by the Lumber River with my Mother and Daddy and some friends who had an outdoor fire. The men had been fishing and they were cooking the fish and having a good time and I was just a very little boy.

 

What is one of your favorite childhood memories? Christmas morning. I was always so excited about the presents.

 

What is one of your most meaningful Bible verses or passages? John 3:16.

 

What is your greatest accomplishment? I’ve lived to be 80 years old and I’m happy.

 

What were the most significant events of your 80th year? A growing awareness of God’s presence and an opportunity to minister through preaching and the calling post.

 

What is your favorite pasta shape? Well. Let’s see. What are some of them? The round one with the hole in the middle. The tube. What is it? A ziti?

 

What do you remember about the Civil Rights Movement? That I could never really appreciate the struggle that people were going through—that they’re still going through.

 

What do you remember most about your wedding? There’s so many things. Probably the most hilarious thing was when we were trying to get away, they had stuffed my car full of newspapers and we had to unpack the car before we could go anywhere. And I especially remember the love and generosity of our families as they came to be with us and gave us so many gifts.

 

What is your favorite quality about yourself? I think I’m a compassionate person with a sense of humor.

 

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? I don’t know why, but I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii.

 

What is your favorite all-time outfit? Blue blazer with khaki pants, white shirt, and a solid, maroon tie…with Bass Weejuns.

 

Tell me about when you proposed to mom. When I realized I couldn’t live without her and I didn’t know what to do with her but marry her. And I wanted to be with her.

 

What is your current advice to younger generations?

1)      Be a life-learner.

2)      Don’t get stuck in the present. Always look forward to new adventures while holding on to God’s love.

3)      Choose your friends wisely.

4)      Trust in Jesus.

 

Is there anything else you’d like to say to your fans?

1)      Be grateful for what you have and obedient to the path of life that helps you serve and embrace others.

2)      Live with an attitude of forgiveness and release your anger in appropriate ways.

3)      Accept that only God can control things.

4)      Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment