Thursday, December 2, 2021

Two Songs of Love

 

The chorus of two songs are on my mind this morning.

One is by my beloved Sara Groves,

The other is by me.

Both have to do with love.

 

In her song, “I Feel The Love Between Us,”

Sara writes:

 

“Love is a diamond hidden in mountains
Covered in danger and dirt
I'm on the outside digging and digging
I've seen and I know what it's worth

 

In my song, “You Came Into My Life,”

I write:

 

“So you can hate me and curse my name

Run away in anger, write words to shame me

I understand, I understand

I still love you and bless your name

Give Christ the anger, the hurt, the pain

And trust His hand, to take your hand

Because I can’t”

 

Love is messy.

Sometimes love comes easily;

Sometimes we must work at love.

Sometimes love means drawing close;

Sometimes love means letting go.

Sara writes about love being something that is carefully uncovered;

I write about love being something that is painfully released.

Sara wrote her song after many years of marriage to her husband Troy;

I wrote my song after a few months of friendship.

Love is old.

Love is young.

Love is intimate.

Love is brotherly and sisterly.

Love is joy.

Love is pain.

Love is…

 

What is love to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment