Monday, August 16, 2021

Tired

 

I am tired.

Bone-weary tired.

Not for lack of sleep.

But for lack of decency.

I am tired of lives being toyed with in the name of political freedom.

I am tired of lives being damned in the name of a God that I know as Love.

I am tired of lives standing in opposition with one another to the point of no hearing.

I am tired of lives standing firmly on sinking sand.

I am tired of judging and being judged.

I am tired of fear, anxiety, fighting, sickness, and heartache that permeate the world and make themselves known with every thought and breath.

 

Yesterday, the dam of my tears burst unexpectedly and

I wept.

 

I wonder if Jesus wept like me when

He wept.

 

For a broken world,

For broken hearts,

For broken souls,

For broken realities that

Are so very tiring.

 

Oh God,

You promised rest for the weary and

Peace for the downhearted.

Grant rest to those who pray this prayer of tired with me today,

And grant peace to those who are broken beyond words.

I don’t know how.

I can’t see a way.

But You can.

Because You are.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment