Thursday, July 1, 2021

Gallery of Abandoned Inspiration

 

I have a sign now, so it’s official:

The Gallery of Abandoned Inspiration is open for visitors!

(If you don’t mind the fact that it’s in my bathroom.)

 

I started the gallery a few years ago after noticing original art work for sale at a thrift store.

I felt bad for the work.

I felt sad knowing that someone had spent a good amount of time painting it,

Only to have it abandoned.

So I bought it.

And then I started scooping up more pieces of abandoned, original artwork

Until I had enough to fill my bathroom.

(Don’t worry, I didn’t buy any pieces clearly from a wine and design.)

 

Two weeks ago,

Amelia the Niece and I went to a thrift store for the first time since Covid.

As I looked through the art,

I found a small hand-painted piece in an embroidery hoop.

It was $1.

Amelia thought it was ugly.

I thought it needed to come home with me.

After all, I didn’t have a piece in an embroidery hoop!

 

Once I got the piece hung in the gallery,

Amelia agreed that it belonged.

She also volunteered to make me an official

“Gallery of Abandoned Inspiration” sign

While at art camp the next week.

 

I thought she’d forget.

 

I was wrong.

 

Amelia wood-burned a sign for me

And then added colors for dramatic effect.

She presented me with the sign last night in her living room.

It was a nice presentation ceremony.

 

What is something nice that someone has done for you lately?

(or)

What is something that you have rescued from abandonment?

 

Please share.

I’d love to hear.

And I’d love to give you a tour of my gallery.

Due to the location of the gallery, though,

Appointments ARE necessary 😊.

No comments:

Post a Comment