Monday, March 22, 2021

Eye Surgery

 

For me, it’s early. For others, it’s not.

 

5:30am doesn’t seem like morning. It seems like the middle of the night. And yet it was my morning this morning as I got up to send off my dad, mom, and sister for my dad’s first eye surgery.

 

Some of you may remember that my mom was supposed to have eye surgery two weeks ago. Instead, she was sent home with drops to clear up an eye infection and an appointment to reschedule her surgery. In the meantime, my dad scheduled his.

 

Evidently, it’s the season of eye surgery.

 

So off went my family this morning, and there I stood on the porch waving.

 

About an hour later, I got a text saying that they’d arrived safely, through much traffic, while it was still mostly dark outside. Mom and dad were the first people to enter the eye clinic. My dad likes to be on time.

 

I have no major point to this note today. I’m just praying that my dad’s surgery goes well, that my mom’s surgery gets scheduled and goes well, and that both of their second surgeries go well…and that they’ll both be able to see more clearly when all of this is said and done.

 

Today, let us be thankful for our eyes. Our eyes are important. They allow us to view the world in all of its beautiful creation…and there really is beauty all around us…even at 5:30am in the middle of the night morning…if we will only take the time to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment