Monday, November 9, 2020

My Car Is Sick, But...

I went to a five-year-old’s birthday party on Saturday afternoon, After helping run errands for a 75-year-old on Saturday morning, After dropping off a new cart at work. An anonymous donor gave me a new cart. I’ve totally nerded out. But I digress. After taking dinner home and eating with my parents on Saturday night, I got in my car to go to the grocery store. The car wouldn’t start. The same car that I had been driving all day, Suddenly wouldn’t start. I was sad. And I’m still sad. Because the car still won’t start, Even after checking and charging the battery. It will be towed later today. Out of the garage. To the car doc. Where it will be fixed. I hope. For not too much money. But here’s what’s good about all of this: I still have my 20-year-old, 336,000 mile car That took me to work today To roll around the new cart that I delivered on Saturday morning Before the car got sick. And when the car got sick, It got sick at home, In the garage, Leaving me at home with a grocery store dilemma Rather than in a parking lot after running errands or In a park after celebrating a five-year-old’s birthday, Wondering how I was going to get home, and Holding up people that I love and care for. Frustrating things happen. Inconvenient things happen. Bad things happen. Things don’t always go as we plan or we wish. I am not happy that my car is sick. And yet, There is still so much good. Always there is good. When we work to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment