Thursday, July 23, 2020

Ram Skull Painting



Last summer in Romania, my main task was to help with crafts at a summer camp. One day, my team and I were tasked with doing crafts outside as part of a horse-back riding adventure. In between sessions, I went wandering in the woods. As I wandered, I found a fully in tact ram skull. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I knew that Barb the Art Teacher would be fascinated, so I took a bunch of pictures and immediately sent them to her…

Fast forward to yesterday.

Barb presented me with a painting of the ram skull.

I almost cried because I was so happy.

To say that I like it is an understatement.

---------

Sometime last Fall, I decided to buy a rock tumbler. One of my friends is as fascinated with rock tumbling as me, so I showed her my collection. Unbeknownst to me, she took some rocks to make a special gift for my birthday.

I almost cried because I was so happy.

To say that I like it is an understatement.

---------

A couple of weeks ago, I helped another friend paint her daughter’s bedroom. She had on a Meredith College t-shirt and I commented, in what I thought was passing, that I’d like a Meredith shirt. Little did I know that my request had been heard and that in less than a month, I’d have my own Meredith shirt.

I almost cried because I was so happy.

To say that I like it is an understatement.

---------

Yesterday, I received over 200 FB messages from friends. I also received 4 cards in the mail.

Friends are specials gift that should not be taken for granted. I am so incredibly grateful to have amazing friends.

Thank YOU, friend, for being part of my journey.

And I challenge you today: Reach out to someone you love and remind him/her that you love them. It could be a FB message, a card, a call, or an amazing gift. But reach out to someone today.

It might make them cry because they will be so happy.

And to say that they will like it is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment