Monday, July 13, 2020

At Water's Edge

It took me almost 43 years to realize that there is something special about sitting on the beach where the water meets the sand. I realized it fully last week, and I’m so grateful for the time that I had to sit and think and pray…at water’s edge.

i.
At the water’s edge
Feet in soft sand, gently cooling
Safely here at rest

ii.
At the water’s edge
Waves crashing, not consuming
Peace washes o’er me.

iii.
It was raining.
I walked down anyway.
I planted my chair in the sand
Alone.
I sat
At water’s edge.
I waited.
I waited some more.
And then the sun peaked through
Grey clouds
And bathed me in
Warm, orange light.
I smiled.
Even as the rain returned
I smiled.
And sat
Content
At water’s edge.

What is something that you’ve realized recently? What is an experience you are grateful to have had? Please share. I’d love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment