Thursday, June 11, 2020

Jack Abram

Today, my oldest nephew graduated from high school in a quiet family ceremony at his school. I had the privilege of seeing him in his graduation regalia before the ceremony, and I couldn’t have been much prouder.

Jack graduating in a tough time. He’s moving into a tumultuous world. But I believe in his faith and in his ability to make a positive difference in this world. So I thought I’d write him a poem that combines advice, hopes, dreams, and reality.

This is my poem for Jack…but may it be a poem that speaks to you as well.

Just ask when you need help
And don’t forget to
Call when there is something you need to
Know you are loved
Always
Be willing to fight for justice
Right the wrongs of polarized society
And respect the diversity around You
Make a unifying
Difference In this world
Each person has a voice
And your voice matters
To me You are the bright hope
Of Tomorrow
Never forget to live in faith for today

No comments:

Post a Comment