Monday, June 8, 2020

Grocery Store Stickers

I received a surprise piece of mail yesterday.

A couple of weeks ago, I was the caller for my school’s virtual Battle of the Books. The local newspaper wrote an article about the event, so I was in the newspaper.

I hadn’t seen the article. In fact, I’d forgotten that it existed.

Then mail arrived in my mail box.

It was a very nice handwritten note, along with the article from the paper…sealed with stickers from the grocery store! 😊

The whole thing made me smile…

And it made me wonder: When is the last time I went out of my way to send someone, literally or figuratively, a smile?

As I looked at the letter, I could imagine my friend ever so carefully removing her produce stickers so that they could be used on my letter. The intention of her action made me feel cared for and also gave homage to my friend’s sense of humor…

May we be a people who do not waste produce stickers—who reuse them in ways that make people smile.

May we send cards, write letters, compose positive comments, make phone calls, wear fun masks, offer eye smiles under our masks, visit when it’s safe, and act upon our positive thoughts of others in any other ways we can think.

May we be a people of love, especially in these days when love, respect, and belonging are so needed and overdue.

May love be our light and our guide. Always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment